Are you lying awake at night wondering whether it is easy to change over to a better strata management company?
The process of changing Strata Management Companies is fairly straightforward and ESM can help you every step of the way.
- Before considering a move to another strata management company, please make sure you aware of any pre-existing contractual obligations that your Strata Company has made.
- Prior to your current Strata Management Contract expiring, it is usually a condition of termination that you serve notice on the current manager at least 2 months prior to the expiry date. You will then be free to consider another Strata Management Company.
- Request a submission from ESM. Our team will get to know your requirements and tailor a solution to your particular strata scheme’s needs.
- After your strata council considers and accepts our submission, the council then notifies ESM. ESM can supply a draft letter of appointment for you to utilise.
- The strata council then serves a “termination of strata management services notice” on the current strata company manager, and sends ESM a copy. ESM can supply you with a complying draft termination notice.
- ESM then takes over the handover process – liaising with the current manager, receiving the records, entering data in our system, and producing a report for the strata council “as at date of handover”.
- ESM then writes to all owners letting them know that ESM has taken over the management of their strata scheme, and the details of the lead strata manager who they can deal directly with.
- The whole process should not be a burden on the strata council, and ESM try to make the process as seamless as possible.
Get in touch with us today if you have any more questions about this process.