Living in a strata complex has many perks, but the management of strata is rather complex. To ensure everything runs smoothly, your Strata Manager needs to serve as an accountant, law enforcer, mediator and tradesperson all in one. The difference between a good and bad Strata Manager can directly enhance of inhibit the maintenance of the physical complex as well as the togetherness of your strata community.
When you’re choosing a new Strata Manager there are certain things you should look for – to help guide you through this process we’ve compiled a list of important questions to ask.
- What experience does the Strata Manager have with complexes similar to yours – the size and number of units, functionality e.g. residential or mixed use, amenities e.g. gym or pool, and the quality of the complex?
- How big is the company? What is their team structure, and do they have a comprehensive service offering?
- How long has your Strata Manager been with the company?
- Do they have a team of experts on hand to provide specific advice or support divisions?
- Do they have professional indemnity insurance cover?
- Do they possess recognised educational qualifications?
- Do they have a commitment to education to ensure they stay up to date with legislation and industry best practice?
- What are their communication processes, programs, and platforms?
- Will your strata manager be the primary contact? Is there a secondary contact for when your strata manager is ill or unavailable?
- What is your individual Strata Managers communication style – does it complement yours?
- How do they approach conflict/dispute resolutions?
- What is their fee structure – does it underserve or overserve your needs? Do they have other packages or prices you can consider?
- How long is the contract for?
- Can the Strata Manager respond quickly to situations that require their attendance on site?
- Do they have a network of trusted local suppliers, cleaners and tradespeople?
- Do they understand any localised issues or restrictions your complex or members face?
At ESM, we understand that choosing a Strata Manager can be daunting – this is why we offer a free meet and greet. Your potential new Strata Manager will come present a proposal specific to your complex and walk you through the many ways in which ESM works tirelessly to prioritise trust and alignment with our clients and partners. These include:
- A dedicated Customer Service & Support team; assisting our Strata Management Teams in the smooth and successful running of your strata. ESM have more people working together to support you and your proprietors than any other strata management company in WA
- Team leader escalation process; matters can be escalated to a dedicated Team Leader who oversees and assists the Strata Managers and our clients on a daily basis
- Commitment to education; empowering our clients, suppliers and staff with the latest and most relevant information as well as providing a state-of-the-art, online knowledgebase for all things strata
- PiQ Client Portal; giving you 24/7 access to building and lot information, reports, documents and more
Get in touch with us today if you have any more questions about this process or would like to arrange your free meet and greet.